Full Time MBA Batch of 2009. NYU Stern School of Business. This is my tryst with an MBA.


Friday, November 21, 2008

Citigroup, the Bismarck?

Roy Smith, my professor and ex-chairperson and partner of Goldman Sachs talks about the run down in the share price of Citigroup.
"We used to say that Citigroup was like the Bismarck. It could take bullets forever without sinking. But ultimately, the Bismarck sank."

At $26-billion, it is now worth about the same as Toronto-Dominion Bank and $11-billion less than Royal Bank of Canada.

One thing is for sure, Citigroup CANNOT fail. I just shudder to even think of the thought of where the markets are headed if it thinks that Citi could potentially fail.

Read an interesting article here which quotes the above italicized information. Could the markets go more downward? I shake my head in disbelief.

No comments: