Full Time MBA Batch of 2009. NYU Stern School of Business. This is my tryst with an MBA.


Monday, January 15, 2007

Freedom

The sweet sense of freedom!
The freedom to get back to normal!

It all started in the month of May! Yeah May!
I was in the US of A visiting the wonderful city of New York! God Bless the Big Apple!
Suddenly, in a moment, I decided that I wanted to do my MBA in America.
Until then, I too was chasing the CAT dream!
I belled the CAT, got the IIM (Indian Institute of Management)! But, alas! I did not get the IIM of my choice!

Dogged that I am, I decided that I will play hard! Winner or none! I decided to re-appear.

But fate had other plans for me.
Back from the US, I started perparing in the month of July! Studied, answered tests, studied and answered tests again! That was the routine for a few days!
Days became nights and nights became days as the preparation was in full swing.

A few days before the D-Day, I took stock of the situation. At 690, I wasnt going anywhere! Definitely to the schools that I sought! I decided to buckle up! Its easy to pressurize yourselves when you know how badly you want it!

Social life was reduced to a minimum! Poor friends of my bore with my idiosyncracies, changing their schedules and accomodating me so that we could spend time together!

The day was great! The Quant section went well and I had no problems there! I was left with less time at the end though and I had to HURRY!!!
Verbal was turning out to bit of a tougher cookie to crack! All went well... never before score of 750!

Applications meant research, research meant time and time meant incommunicado Max!
The essays had to turn right! Some of them went to SO MUCH of revision that I cannot believe the number of versions that I am left with!

At the end of the entire process! I am DONE! Relieved and a weak smile on my face!
I guess that I can have a good nights sleep and rest in peace for a few days!

Things to do
-- Get life back in order
-- Meet friends
-- Party like there is no tomorrow
-- Go trekking
-- Run the Mumbai Marathon
-- Clean the house
-- Continue Jogging 8 rounds
-- Party more
-- Travel
-- Read
-- Blog
-- Live Life
-- Work (Yeah!)
-- Get pending things done!!!


Enjoy the moment and live the glory!

No comments: